- - Communication Specialist
- Overland Park, KS, USA
- Base salary and monthly performance incentives
- Full Time
- Benefit Communication Insourcing offers a competitive compensation package which includes medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, paid time off, 401(k) and several supplemental benefit options.
Benefit Advisor – Overland Park, KS
Benefit Communication Insourcing is a dynamic and growing company and a joint trademark between Lockton Companies, LLC and Health and Benefit Systems, Inc. making us one of the nation's leading benefit communication firms. We service large employers throughout the U.S. and provide customized benefit communication and administrative services to individual employees. Our ongoing personal approach to communicate and administer employer sponsored benefits to employees provides a unique distinction in the marketplace.
It is the skill and talent of our people that make BCInsourcing one of the most successful communication/enrollment companies in the U.S. We continuously strive to employ the very best in the marketplace by offering a competitive compensation package which includes medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, paid time off, impressive 401(k) matching, several supplemental benefit options, and resources for personal and professional development and growth.
We strive for a "work hard, play hard" culture and have an onsite game room, monthly chair massages, complimentary beverages and fun activities throughout the month to make our workday enjoyable while still meeting monthly productivity goals and targets.
Our salaried Benefit Advisor employees work with a singular client to effectively communicate and enroll employer-sponsored group and supplemental benefits truly make a difference in people's lives.
The Benefit Advisor (BA) role is an entry level position with growth potential into a Benefit Communication Specialist role. The Benefit Advisor is responsible for scheduling, conducting, and tracking individual personalized benefit review sessions to ensure that each employee has a good understanding of their financial risks and benefit options available to them through their employer. The Benefit Advisor will follow through with processing benefit enrollments and will also respond to employee benefit questions, as needed.
Enrolling employees into supplemental benefit programs is an essential function of this position; however, this is not a commission compensation position. Our philosophy is that enrollments are best accomplished by spending quality time educating the employee using our proprietary communication process. The successful candidate must be willing to learn, apply, and consistently execute all the responsibilities of the position with minimal day-to-day supervision.
High-level Review of Job Responsibilities
- Develop a detailed understanding and working knowledge of all benefit plans offered through the client.
- Conduct a monthly targeted number of individual and/or group communication/enrollment meetings with all client employees (newly eligible, existing) to fully explain core benefits and voluntary benefits and handle all follow-up calls.
- Complete all necessary enrollment forms (whether paper or computer generated) and submit all forms/data to Benefit Communication Insourcing for processing in a timely manner.
- Support and assist client's Human Resource staff regarding issues concerning voluntary benefits.
- Respond to benefit questions from the client's employees.
- Assist client employees in making changes to benefit elections as needed.
- We are looking for confident and professional communicators that are customer focused, self-motivated, and results driven, but with fun, dynamic, and spirited personalities.
- Previous experience in insurance, financial planning, risk management, health science, or a related field is not required, but definitely a plus.
- This person must be willing to relocate from Overland Park, KS after 4-6 months. Relocation is non-selected and is based upon business necessity anywhere within the U.S. The company offers relocation assistance.
- Active Life and Health Insurance agent/producer license, a plus. If not actively licensed, the selected candidate will be required to sit for the exam and obtain a Life and Health Insurance Agent/Producer License, before start date.